Saturday, September 20, 2008

Baking! Cookies! OMG!

So my co-worker, August, brought these ridiculously good cookies into work last week and I felt inclined to make them. Found this recipe for Snickerdoodles on Cooks.com. All the recipes I found called for cream of tarter so I HAD to walk down to Fred Meyer to purchase some. I found it in the spice aisle for $7.49; WTF, why so expensive? There is no way I am paying that much for a single ingredient so I marched to the bulk section which carries bulk spices. I ended up getting way more than enough for $1.23! I was actually going to make these cookies around noon but kept put off going store. Sorry for the dark pictures, I might end up making these again in the day light.

Snickerdoodles

Ingredients:
1 c. soft shortening (part butter)
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

For Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

Instructions:

First combined shortening, sugar and eggs in a large mixing blow; mix thoroughly with electric mixer or by hand.

Add flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt in a separate smaller bowl. Stir all ingredients well to combined, add to wet ingredients.


Form dough into balls the size of a small walnut, I used an electric scale and each of my balls weighed around 25 grams. Roll balls in the mixture of sugar and cinnamon.


Place dough balls about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, do not over cook.

So I love cookies, unfortunately for some reason I can't ever seem to get them to turn out correctly. My cookies always turn out flat and crisp. These cookies turned out pretty good and of course delicious!

No comments: